Wednesday 20th February—Beekeeping in the Conwy Valley
Maenan Abbey Hotel, Llanrwst LL26 0UL
7.30pm. A talk by Pete Barrar, Conwy BKA and NBCW with honey tasting. This is a Conwy Valley Civic Society meeting, and visitors are warmly welcome. Maenan Abbey Hotel has a popular early evening restaurant menu.
Saturday 23rd February—How to make a Green wooden bench for the garden
Ty Hyll, Capel Curig. More details on the Snowdonia Society website.
Tuesday 26th February—Maximizing your honey crop
Craig y Don Community Centre
A talk by Joanna Schup, Master beekeeper, Shropshire BKA. Welcome coffee and cake from 7.20pm. Meeting starts at 7.40pm.
- Why does my neighbour get more honey than me?
- Why does my honey cost about £20 per jar to produce?
- How do I plan for the honey flow?
- What are my potential honey crops? Sycamore/OSR/blackberry/himalayan balsam/heather?
- How do I prepare my bees to work these crops for honey?
This new talk will get you thinking about your beekeeping in a different way. Or maybe you’re happy with just half a super of honey per hive…