Thanks to all who supported the Conwy Honey Fair. About 26 beekeepers were selling honey. Conwy was packed with visitors all day.
Our collection in aid of Bees for Development raised £715.
Tues 27th September—Bees and the Weather
Craig y Don Community Centre LL30 1TE. Welcome and refreshments from 7.20pm. Meeting starts at 7.40pm.
Graham Royle, our speaker for this Tuesday, has been drafted in to help find Asian hornets’ nests in Gloucester. Instead we have a new talk by Geoff Critchley.
- Why has 2016 been a poor honey year?
- Is good weather more important than good beekeeping?
- Do the bees prefer a cold dry winter or a warm wet winter?
- Why are bumper honey years so rare?
National Beekeeping Centre Wales
The National Beekeeping Centre Wales near Tal y Cafn provides many useful services for beekeepers, including:
- Volunteering opportunities: shop sales, managing the apiary, admin, training.
- Sales of beekeeping equipment, varroa treatments, bee feeds.
- Hire of Conwy BK extractor kits.
- Selling your honey, any amount from 10 jars, well-presented, tamper-evident labels.
See beeswales.co.uk for opening hours, directions etc.
Preparing the bees for winter
See our webpage under Beekeeping.