27 reasons why you should belong to the Association!
- Seven evening lecture meetings, at Craig y Don Community Centre, Llandudno, on the last Tuesday of the month from September to April. Free refreshments.
- Membership of the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association (WBKA).
- Free bee disease insurance for your first three hives. This covers American Foul Brood and European Foul Brood. Insurance for additional hives is available.
- Assistance with access to oil seed rape and heather sites.
- WBKA Welsh Beekeeper magazine four times a year.
- Access to locally raised strains of honeybee.
- Beeswax foundation, frames, honey jars and beehive floor mesh at members’ discount prices.
- Owners’ liability insurance up to £5m. Your most essential benefit!
- Product liability insurance up to £5m.
- Regular newsletters and updates.
- Training meetings with the bees at the Conwy BKA apiary at Tal y Cafn, every three weeks, April to August, Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
- Mentoring for new beekeepers.
- Varroa treatments at low prices.
- All the help you need to control varroa, and regular updates on varroa research.
- Association Honey Show in October.
- Conwy Honey Fair on 13th September and Conwy Seed Fair on 26th March, organized by Conwy BKA.
- E-mail updates.
- Two honey extracting kits for hire.
- New for 2012. Heather honey press for hire.
- New for 2012. Fifteen nucleus hives for hire.
- Access to swarms of bees.
- Evening course for new beekeepers in association with the National Beekeeping Centre for Wales at the Henfaes Research Centre, just off the A55 at Aber. near Llanfairfechan.
- Association website www.conwybeekeepers.org.uk
- Honey selling opportunities at Conwy Feast every October.
- 10% discount at Fragile Planet beekeeping supplies, Oswestry www.fragile-planet.co.uk
- Discount sugar and other shopping at Booker, Llandudno Junction
- Access to clean secondhand beekeeping equipment.
All we ask in return is that you pay your subscriptions promptly and support our activities.
Compiled by Peter McFadden, updated November 2011.