25 reasons why you should belong to Conwy Beekeepers Ltd, a non profit Company Limited by Guarantee.
- Evening meetings, at Craig y Don Community Centre, Llandudno, last Tuesday of the month September to March. Refreshments and raffle. Under normal circumstances!
- Membership of the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association (WBKA).
- Free bee disease insurance for your first three hives. This covers American Foul Brood and European Foul Brood. Insurance for additional hives is available.
- Assistance with access to oil seed rape and heather sites.
- WBKA Welsh Beekeeper magazine four times a year.
- Access to locally raised nucs.
- Public liability insurance up to £5m. This is provided by WBKA to members of affiliated Beekeepers’ Associations. Your most essential benefit!
- Product liability insurance up to £5m. This is provided by WBKA to members of affiliated Beekeepers’ Associations.
- Regular email newsletters and updates.
- Monthly training meetings with the bees at the Conwy Beekeepers Apiary at Tal y Cafn, April to August on Saturday afternoons.
- Friendly help and advice for new beekeepers, and opportunities for you to help new beekeepers
- All the help you need to control varroa, and regular updates on varroa research.
- Honey Shows at Eglwysbach and Llanrwst.
- Conwy Honey Fair on 13th September and Conwy Seed Fair on 26th March, (25th March in 2022) organized by Conwy BK.
- Two honey extracting kits for hire.
- Two heather honey presses for hire.
- Access to swarms of bees.
- Website www.conwybeekeepers.org.uk
- Honey selling opportunities at Conwy Feast every October.
- Access to discount sugar and other shopping at Booker, Llandudno Junction
- Access to clean secondhand beekeeping equipment.
- BB Wear bee suits at members’ discount prices.
- BeeFest at Bodnant Garden
- Conwy Beekeeping Facebook Group
- Information on beekeeping webinars.
All we ask in return is that you pay your subscriptions promptly and support our activities.
Compiled by Peter McFadden, updated November 2021.