Conwy Seed Fair, Tuesday 26th March 2013, 9am to 4pm.
Conwy Honey Fair, Friday 13th September 2013, 9am to 4pm.
Information for stallholders
- Stalls may be pitched free of charge in Conwy High Street and Lancaster Square.
- We invite stallholders to make a donation during the Fair to the beekeeping charity Bees for Development registered charity no. 1078803.
- Stall space is limited to about 80 stalls. We cannot guarantee you a space.
- Most stallholders use just a pasting table, with a plastic sheet to cover it in case of rain.
Booking a space
- Please contact the organizer by email or phone to book a space (email@example.com). Tel: 01492 650851
- Space is limited. Please don’t just turn up at the Fair and expect a space without booking.
- If you book a space, and then have to cancel, please contact the organiser before the Fair.
- Honey and hive products.
- Plants and seeds.
- Local crafts appropriate to the theme of the Fair, e.g. Bees and honey and plants.
- Home produce: jams, pickles, cakes, pies, fruit etc.
- Charities selling their own new merchandise or any of the above.
- High Street shopkeepers’ own stalls outside their shops.
- Please note that we have only very limited space for card sellers and jewellery sellers.
All goods for sale must conform to Trading Standards’ requirements.
We actively discourage
- Bric a brac, second-hand books or car boot stalls
- Fresh food needing refrigeration
- Fast food or tea/coffee vendors
- Second hand tat masquerading as collectables
- Commercial market stalls
- Fancy goods stalls
- Games of chance, raffles, tombolas, bottle stalls etc.
- Stalls in direct competition with the High Street shopkeepers
- Sale of alcohol
- You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of visitors to your stall.
- Do not allow stock to overflow from your stall, creating hazards for visitors.
- The Fairs are packed with visitors all day. Do not leave your takings on display.
- Arrive by 7am for a space in Lancaster Square , or by 8am for a space in the High Street.
- Stop by the statue in Lancaster Square and look out for Peter McFadden, Event Organiser.
- The Organizer will allocate you the next available space.
- Stall space is allocated by the Event Organiser only.
- Stall space is allocated as stallholders arrive. You cannot reserve a favourite space in advance, or lay claim to a space that you have used in previous years.
- Stallholders may drive up the High Street to unload.
- Stalls should be set up ready for trading by 9am.
- All vehicles are to be removed from the High Street by 9am.
- The Road Closed barrier will be in place and controlled by marshals from 9am until 4pm.
- No stallholders’ vehicles will be allowed through the barrier.
Consideration for others
- Please consider the town traders. Not all of them share our enthusiasm for the Fairs! If they ask you to move your stall away from their shop front, please do so without any argument. Ask the Organiser to give you another space. Do not move to the nearest empty space. It may be empty for a reason.
- Unload quietly and consider the town residents and the hotel guests. They may still be asleep.
- Remember that the Fairs are a privilege for us.
- Consider the lorry drivers making early morning deliveries to the shops. They have a difficult job to do.
- Consider the hotel guests driving out of the hotel car park. They may be unfamiliar with the town.
- No generators allowed.
- No gazebos in the High Street.
- We suggest that you park in Mount Pleasant Pay and Display long-stay car park.
- Large vans may park in Mount Pleasant Pay and Display car park in the larger spaces designated by the Organiser. If you park a large van elsewhere you may receive a Fixed Penalty Notice.
- Stallholders’ vehicles are not allowed back onto any part of the High Street until 4pm.
- Please leave your pitch clean and tidy, and take home any waste cardboard boxes etc.
- Do not leave the town litter bins overflowing with waste from your stall.
Most important of all
- Enjoy the day!
- Report any difficulties to the Organiser straight away.
- Let us have your ideas and suggestions.
Compiled by Peter McFadden
Secretary, Conwy Beekeepers’ Association, Organizers of the Conwy Fairs on behalf of Conwy Town Council.
Updated October 2012