Conwy Seed Fair, Monday 26th March 2018, 9am to 4pm.
Conwy Honey Fair, Wednesday 13th September 2017, 9am to 4pm, the 28th Honey Fair organized by Conwy Beekeepers.
Information for stallholders
Update 3rd August 2017…
Stall space at the Honey Fair is filling up fast. We have no space left for card sellers, cake stalls and jewellery sellers. Stalls should be relevant to the theme of honey, bees, plants and home produce or Farmers’ Market.
We raised a record £900 from stallholders and visitors at the 2014 Honey Fair.
- Stall space is limited to about 75 stalls. We cannot guarantee you a space.
- Most stallholders use just a pasting table, with a plastic sheet to cover it in case of rain.
Booking a space
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a space. Our old email address email@example.com no longer works.
- Space is limited. Please don’t just turn up at the Fair and expect a space without booking.
- If you book a space, and then have to cancel, please contact the organizer before the Fair.
- We have very limited space for gazebos.
- Honey and hive products at the Honey Fair.
- Plants and seeds at the Seed Fair.
- Local crafts appropriate to the theme of the Fair, e.g. Bees and honey and plants.
- Home produce and Farmers’ Market stalls: jams, pickles, cakes, pies, fruit and veg etc.
- High Street shopkeepers’ own stalls outside their shops.
- Please note that we only have limited space for card sellers, cake stalls and jewellery sellers. Cakes for sale must be wrapped or covered.
All goods for sale must conform to Trading Standards’ requirements.
We actively discourage
- Bric a brac, second-hand books or car boot stalls
- Fresh food needing refrigeration
- Fast food or tea/coffee vendors
- Second hand tat, masquerading as collectables
- Commercial market stalls
- Fancy goods stalls
- Games of chance, raffles, tombolas, bottle stalls etc.
- Stalls in direct competition with the High Street shopkeepers
- Sale of alcohol
- You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of visitors to your stall.
- Do not allow stock to overflow from your stall, creating hazards for visitors.
- The Fairs are packed with visitors all day. Do not leave your takings on display.
- Arrive by 7am for a space in Lancaster Square , or by 8am for a space in the High Street.
- Stop by the statue in Lancaster Square and look out for Peter McFadden, Event Organizer.
- The Organizer will allocate you the next available space.
- Stall space is allocated by the Event Organizer only.
- Stall space is allocated as stallholders arrive. You cannot reserve a favourite space in advance, or lay claim to a space that you have used in previous years.
- Stallholders may drive up the High Street to unload.
- Stalls should be set up ready for trading by 9am.
- All vehicles must be removed from the High Street by 9am.
- The Road Closed barrier will be in place and controlled by marshals from 9am until 4pm.
- No stallholders’ vehicles will be allowed through the barrier.
Consideration for others
- Please consider the town traders. Not all of them share our enthusiasm for the Fairs. If they ask you to move your stall away from their shop front, please do so gracefully. Ask the Organizer to give you another space. Do not move to the nearest empty space. It may be empty for a reason.
- Unload quietly and consider the town residents and the hotel guests. They may still be asleep.
- Remember that the Fairs are a privilege for us.
- Consider the lorry drivers making early morning deliveries to the shops. They have a difficult job to do.
- Consider the hotel guests driving out of the hotel car park. They may be unfamiliar with the town.
- Generators are not allowed.
- No gazebos in the High Street, except those belonging to shopkeepers.
- We suggest that you park in Mount Pleasant Pay and Display long-stay car park, which is just outside the Bangor Road Arch, against the outside of the Town Walls.
- Large vans may park in Mount Pleasant Pay and Display car park, across the road from the Town Walls, in the larger spaces in front of the Castle Bank Hotel. If you park a large van elsewhere, or if your vehicle overhangs a parking space, you will probably receive a Fixed Penalty Notice.
- Stallholders’ vehicles are not allowed back into the High Street until 4pm.
- Please leave your pitch clean and tidy, and take home any waste cardboard boxes etc.
- Do not leave the town litter bins overflowing with waste from your stall.
Most important of all
- Enjoy the day!
- Report any difficulties to the Organizer straight away.
- Let us have your ideas and suggestions.
Compiled by Peter McFadden
Secretary, Conwy Beekeepers Limited, Organizers of the Conwy Fairs on behalf of Conwy Town Council.
Updated August 2017